This section of the Michigan Highways website is devoted to the introduction, overview, and historical background of the various highway and route systems in Michigan. In depth information on specific highways, routes and other detailed information can be found in the various other sections of the website, accessible from the drop-down menus across the top of each page. This section, however, contains:
- Introduction - a brief overview and introduction to the state trunkline highway system.
- Michigan's Route Systems - outlining the various types of highways and routes in the state.
- Michgan's Route Markers - Michigan has been posting signs along its many routes since 1918 and this page gives an idea of the different types, shapes and colors of route markers across the state.
- Master List: 1918–Present - a comprehensive, one (very long) page listing of every state trunkline and Intercounty highway designation ever used in the State of Michigan from 1918 to today.
- Historical Overview - a one-page overview of some of the history associated with highways in Michigan.
- The History of Roads in Michigan - a five-page history of the development of roads in Michigan, written by two respecte and knowledgable d road-maintenance professionals.
- Maps - a page from which many of the maps on the website are listed.
- Photos - similar to the Maps page, the Photos page links to many of the photo pages on the site.
- Related Links - no site is complete without the ubiquitous Related Links page!