Lake Erie Circle Tour
Of the four Great Lakes Circle Tour routes, the Lake Erie Circle Tour is the most recent (designated c.1992-93) as well as the one containing the least amount of mileage in Michigan. This is not suprising when you take into account the relatively small amount of Lake Erie shoreline in Michigan. Outside the state, the LECT passes through Ohio, including Toledo, Sandusky and Cleveland; Pennsylvania, including Erie; New York, including Buffalo; and Ontario, including Fort Erie and Welland.
Lake Erie Circle Tour Route
In Michigan, the mainline of the LECT follows signed state trunkline routes in its entirety, although in some places the nearest state highway to the Lake Erie may be several miles away. The precise routing of the circle tour mainline:
- The LECT enters Michigan from Ohio on I-75 south of Erie and proceeds northerly toward Monroe and Detroit on I-75.
- Just inside Wayne Co, the circle tour leaves I-75 at Exit 28 and follows M-85/Fort Rd through Trenton, Riverview, Lincoln Park and into Detroit.
- The route re-joins I-75 at Exit 43 in southwestern Detroit and continues northeasterly.
- The LECT leaves I-75 at the Ambassador Bridge and crosses into Windsor, Ontario.
- Continue on the Lake Erie Circle Tour into Ontario at the Ontario Highways website.
Back to: Great Lakes Circle Tour page.
- Great Lakes Circle Tour - new website from the author of MichiganHighways.org.
- Great Lakes Circle Tour - information from the Great Lakes Commission. It was the GLC who originally established the Great Lakes Circle Tours and continues to provide information on many aspects of the Great Lakes region.
- Lake Erie Circle Tour - from the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN), which "is a partnership that provides one place online for people to find information relating to the binational Great Lakes-St. Lawrence region of North America."
- Ohio's Lake Erie Circle Tour - a tourist-oriented website from the Lake Erie Improvement Association promoting attractions along the Buckeye State's portion of the LECT.
- Lake Erie Journal: Guide to the Official Lake Erie Circle Tour - a website about this book authored by Scott Carpenter.