US-31 Petoskey Bypass
- Map of Cancelled US-31 Petoskey Bypass
- US-31 Route Listing
- Michigan Land Use Institute articles, letters and press releases on the Petoskey Bypass Project:
- Proposed Petoskey Bypass: Petoskey area residents to design a positive alternative - December 1999.
- Detailed Alternatives to the Petoskey Bypass: Modernize U.S. 31, develop new express route and truck route - June 2000.
- Smart Roads: Petoskey: The Smart Choice: A qualified alternative- June 2000.
- $90 Million Highway Ditched in Petoskey: Up next for citizen-led campaign: less expensive, more sensible transportation program - September 2000.
- “Smart Roads: Petoskey”: Institute urges state to study alternative to Petoskey bypass - May 2001.
- Top 10 Flaws of the Petoskey Bypass: Big crowd attends latest MDOT hearing - December 2001.
- New Alternatives’ Comment on the Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement: Critique of road proposal - February 2002.
- Community Opportunity in Petoskey: Bypass demise yields unique transportation partnership - June 2003.
- Petoskey Looks beyond Bypass: Citizens envision a less road-weary future - February 2007.
- Report Offers Route to Cut Petoskey Traffic: Existing roads, tight zoning, bike paths, transit could solve problem - December 2007.